Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day +10


Today was a good day. It started out rough. But once they got the pain meds going he felt better. We actually had some fun today. Clay painted a tractor, took a 3 hour nap, and played perfection. Chemo brain helped me win. Let me tell you more about the tractor, this paint job started 2 days ago and was finished today. Clay got a letter on Wed from a boy on the floor that asked the nurse to help him find a pen pal. Clays nurse asked if it would be okay and Clay was excited to know some one else here. The boy wrote to Clay and Clay wanted to give him a gift to play with so he made a tractor that moves. He wrote a nice letter back to the boy telling him who the best tech is, where to get things to do and the good things to eat before his chemo starts. I took a picture because he was so proud and happy to make another kid smile. The picture above is the kid I like to see, he is happy and has a new friend.

Today was opening ceremonies for our little league and the league said some really nice things about Clay and our family and dedicated the season to him and his recovery. The guy who was the mc is one of the news guys from nbc and he honored Cole for being the hero he is. I hear it was nice, wish I could have been there. Afterwards Lily had a softball game and they won. I was told Lily is doing good and having fun. Cole played a late game and they ended up loosing in the last inning. He was bummed out but handles loosing well. It was great to have Nicki there, she doesn't get to come to alot of their games, so today was good for her. She probably doesn't know it but I am so glad she is there. I think she was a big help in getting Cole's homework done and helped to save his grade by keeping him on task after school. It also helped to know the laundry is done and food is made every night. If I'm sad she is going home I cant imagine what Tad is thinking.

Anyway. Good for had by all and feeling happy and healthy, well as healthy as can be with no white blood cells.

Love Tad and Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment