Monday, March 21, 2011

Day +4


My child is going to drive the nurses crazy all thanks to his Dad. Who is surprised by this. hahaha. Before Tad left he brought Clay a Nerf gun with a ton of bullets. He is having alot of fun with it and the nurses are all being very kind and patient. I could never be a pediatric nurse and I love all of them here. There must be something that Primary does to weed out the nurses that are mean. Everyone is so friendly and willing to help. All of you nurses who are my friends, thank you thank you thank you. I want to especially thank our cousin who is a nurse on this floor and makes sure Clay is taken care of. She is a genius. Erica you rock and I have a total new level of respect for you. Brett lucked out with you and I hope he knows it.
Today was alot more of yesterday, he has his ups and downs. One minute he is happy and having fun and the next his head is in a bucket. The docs are trying something new, they have put a patch on the back of his neck by his ear, it is a motion sickness patch. I can tell them bright and early in the morning that it does not work for Clay. His counts are dropping further down and he should be at zero any day. For those of you going huh, let me explain. He did a week of chemo but that takes time to work. ie. counts, hair loss, tiredness. They do the transplant right away so while the old cells are dieing the new cells can just jump in and take over. This process takes about 2 weeks if there are no set backs or other illnesses. They are watching for alot of things and draw blood twice a day, take a urine sample and a stool sample every other day. All of these things tell us he is doing great and progressing as normal. In fact he is doing better than normal because he is still so lively and has enough energy to make me tired. Everyone that comes to visit all say this cant be a day four kid. But he is and he is doing great. We should crash around day 7 or 8 if we do at all. I don't know we shall see.
I have been hearing about all the boys in our ward and the shaved heads. I cant wait to get a picture and post it. I hear they all look awesome and I couldn't be happier for the love and support from our ward in Vegas. Way to go boys.
Well, I talked to Tad tonight and all was well at home. They were able to pull something out of the freezer from the meals that were made for us and not worry about anything. Tad was able to get Cole back in school and talked to most of his teachers. All of them seem to be supporting him and most have said what ever work he turns in they will accept. We shall see when grades come out. Lily went back to school as well and of course forgot her home work and any make up work at school. I know you are all shocked that Lil would forget something.
The picture is an update of Clays eye. I know it looks gross but it is okay. The nurse said this is common and it will most likely end up filling his whole eye and wont heal up until after his counts go up or longer. It looks super gruesome and everyone wants to see it. We have been taking pictures so he can wear it as a badge of pride. He should get something out of all this throw up. If its a gross eyeball well then so be it.
Anyway, We love everyone and hope they all have a great week.
Love Tab and Clay.

2 comments: