Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day + 19. Better every day

Grandma Liz, Grandma Nicki and Clay.
Animal Style. This is his favorite character right now
This is the animal he drew from the top picture.


Today was another awesome day. Clay is continuing to do great and shock the nurses and doctors. Today his counts went up again. 600 white blood and 300 ANC (500 is what we are going for). I met a mom today who has a 10 month old in here and she asked me how we are doing, I hate having to tell people how great he is and how Clay has kind of breezed through this. I always worry about making a parent sad or feel like I'm gloating. All Clay wants to eat right now are slushies and gummy worms. So that is what he gets, it is more than most kids eat. Her daughter hasn't eaten in a month. Mine is flying through this with style and grace. For that I am grateful and that by its self drops me to my knees every night with Clay.


Grandma Liz came by to visit after work. She thought she would only be here for an hour or so, ha yeah right, she was here for 4 hours. I told her I would take her home so I could go to Maceys and get blue raspberry Popsicles. Then before we knew it Clay was designing and painting a tile and I couldn't leave. It was actually a lot of fun. Clay drew Animal from a picture he saw and then he and I painted it. He painted and I helped to clean up the lines and make the colors blend. When Mom and I finally left it was raining. I love to watch the rain from the inside of my climate controlled room not the inside of my windshield. But I got back to the hospital safely and back to my happy place, inside.

Anyway, counts are good, spirits are up and better than yesterday and we are one day closer to recovery and leaving. Happy dance.


Loves to all.

Tab

2 comments:

  1. I love your posts. I too thank Heavenly Father every night for Clay...and you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me just say from experience. You wouldn't be gloating. Even when my boys weren't doing so well, it always was nice to hear when other kids were doing good. Keep up the strong fight!! Your family is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete