Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day +21 Survived one month

Clay's 11 year old scout troop plus a couple older boys. All but one boy shaved their heads. Thanks for the support fellas.
Blue slushies are what keep Clay fueled.
Elliot the dog came by to visit again. Look at how huge he is.
Irish the nurse. He was trying to make Clay laugh. It worked.



We have survived one whole month in this small little hospital room. In one month we have learned that the pink bucket is kept in bed, that the nurses know the secrets of the trade like the bbg (baby booger sucker), eating is over rated and the room with the best view is not always the best room. We have had lots of peeps come to visit or send us emails and texts. We love seeing our friends and fam. Hopefully we can go home soon.

Clays counts are moving as they should be. He is at 400 ANC and 800 White Blood Cells. His platelets are at 85,000. If you remember he needs to be at 500 ANC for 2 days. We are hoping he will get to 500 tomorrow and the next day. If he does we can be home as early as Wed or Thurs. It is a little nerve racking just thinking about it. I mean don't get me wrong, I am ready for my own bed and be in a more normal environment. But, it is scary to think I will be on my own to care for Clay. What if something goes wrong, what if I hook up his meds wrong. There are so many what ifs. But I know I can do it and I know Clay is doing fabulous or they wouldn't be talking about sending him home.


We have the best tech tonight. Tommy is awesome. He likes to play video games with Clay. Every time we have Tommy as our tech Clay lights up. He is the cool guy on the floor and all the kids want to hang out with him. He especially likes Clay because Clay has the fun video games and can handle the level of play.


Good night to all and be safe in the gross weather we are all having.


Love Tab and Clay

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog while following Caleb Huffines journey. I had to laugh when I read about your being concerned about giving the wrong meds. My husband fought aml for 10 months. He got a fungal infection in his nose two days before his move to the transplant section of the hospital, which made it impossible for a transplant. The first time he came home from the hospital, he had to have this very strong anti fungal med by iv through his port. The visiting nurse showed me how to do it. I forgot to flush the port between two of the meds. As I walked across the room, I remembered what I was supposed to do and just screamed! I rushed over to him and stopped the iv. I was crying so bad, I was sure I had just killed him, I made him talk to the nurse. He made it ok. Don't worry, if I can do it so can you. God bess! Yolanda from Grapevine, Texas

    ReplyDelete