Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Tad!!!



WooHoo Good news. Clay doesn't have GVH (graft vs host). He some how picked up a virus. There is nothing I did wrong or anyone else. We pick up viruses every where we go, he is just more susceptible to those bugs than normal people. Clay was put on an antiviral med when we got here so he has some meds in his system and they are sending us home Thursday morning. I'm glad he is fine and its just a virus, so is he. It means no steroids and no follow up care. GVH kids get seen three times a week, we only go in twice a week and our nurse practitioner wants us to once a week by the end of next week. That is almost normal. We are almost normal. I mean we will never be normal, we are who we are.



We are at day 55. Can you believe that? it was 55 days ago that Cole donated his bone marrow for Clay. It was 55 days ago Clay was able to start fresh and get better. It was 55 days ago our lives started over. it has been a long road but I think we are on the downhill part of the race. 55 days behind us means only 45 more days to go. That is about 7 weeks. We were in the hospital for almost 7 weeks. This is going to be easy. Haha Easier said than done. It is tough. Lil is having a hard time, she misses her Mommy and Cole is having a rough go t it (even though he wont admit it). I think Cole has learned that Mom isn't the meanest person in the house. Tad is staying on top of him and every thing he is doing. Good, its good for both of them. Last night Cole played, and lost, but he was awesome at first base. At the beginning of the game he was able to be 2/3s of a triple play. He caught the line drive, tagged first and threw it beautifully to second. Good job buddy. Be glad I wasn't there I would have been going crazy and embarrassing you. Lil is done for the season and will be back with her Angelz for the fall. One less kid playing is nice for Tad, it is hard to juggle both kids games and practices, scouts and achievement days. He is doing a great job at it. I'm proud that he has taken on the role of Dad and Mom for these two kids. I can see it has made them closer together.



Today is Tads birthday. I'm bummed that I cant be there with him as a family but Clay and I sent him cupcakes from Retro Bakery today and he was surprised and thought they were yummy. I hops he falls in love with them so I can order them more when I get home. They are super yummy and addicting. Check them out http://www.retrobakerylv.com/.






Tonight I ask my awesome friends to add to their prayers all of the children on the ICS floor at Primary. There a several kids up here that are struggling but I don't want to name them all. These kids up here are awesome, they are strong, brave and powerful. I am honored to know the parents and I love that Clay has friends who are going through the same thing he is going through. This is such a spiritual place, no matter what each room believes. We all believe our kids are going to get better and there is a higher power involved. I am grateful for our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and the sacrifices he has made for Clay. The power he has in the healing of Clay and other kids. I love how the Holy ghost can help us feel at peace with the decisions the doctors have made. We will all be eternal families in the end, weather our child i taken too early or not. I am grateful for the Plan of Salvation and the knowledge I was given 15 years ago.






Happy Birthday Tad,



Love Tab and Clay






1 comment:

  1. I love you and pray for you guys. Thanks for your testimony.You are such a strong woman.

    ReplyDelete