Tuesday, August 23, 2011

So Much To Say, So Little Time

This is right after he had his line taken out. The spot is where the line went in. I know, ewe gross.




Ewe gross. I knwo what some of you are saying. The others, cool what is it? This is his line. This is the tube that kept him alive, it is called a Broviac.




This is from the morning of the surgery. It was early and he was tired.




Clay and Gabe at an arcade. Those two are so much alike its scary. We love Gabe and are so glad to have him in Clays life.


I know, I know, I know. You guys have all missed me. I am so sorry. It has been a very long summer. It has been tough getting back into normal life. It is getting better, but the old saying is true. So much to do, so little time to do it. Thanks for being pateint with me and I will do my best to bring you up to speed.
Clay is doing very very well. He has been able to get back to swimming and the skate park and hanging out. And that has brought you up to date. Hahaha, just kidding. He has beein doing great. The docs said he is progressing as normal. His blood work is looking as good as ever. His line spot is healing beautifully and he had a cold but is better. Knowing his line has healed and his cold is gone means he has good white blood cells that know how to do thier job.

His meds have dropped drasticly. If you remmeber when we first came home from the hospital he was on 23 pills twice a day. He is down to 3 pills twice a day. His anti rejection med is one pill twice a day. He should be off all meds by September 1. That is when we have to start watching for Graft V Host. let me explain...His anti rejection med has been telling his body to not fight the new marrow. When he is off the med his body may kick into gear and scream attack on the new marrow. Hopefully the new marrow is healthy and strong that the old blood cant fight it and no problems. If there is any issues, well, I dont know and we will cross that bridge when we get there.

Clay will not be going to school unitl January or later. He still at risk for colds, germs and infections. In Jan he should be able to go to school but again we live in the world of we will see. For now he will be in an online homeschool program.

Now that you have the update on Clay I should let you know about Cole and Lily. Cole turned 14 on July 31. He wanted to have a birthday party at the gun range. Yep, you read that right, not go karts or pizza or swimming, the gun range. Tad took him and a couple friends who we are close with and they shot guns and then went for In and Out. Cole is now 6 ft tall. I dont know when he went from being my cute little red head who curled up in my arms to this gigantic 14 year old with attitude. He is going into 8th grade and was accepted into the advanced guitar class. He was so excited to get into the class. Cole is playing baseball this fall and hopefully will be playing basketball later in the fall. Again any boy who is 6 ft tall should play basketball.

Lily, well what can I say she is Lily. Her room is a mess and she draws pictures on everything. She sings and dances where ever she goes and has no sense of time. She has grown up so much. Lil is entering into the last year of elementary in our house. She is in the best teachers class and is going to have a blast. Lil has also started softball. She is returning as a Angel and loves her coach and team. She has alot to learn still but has fun with her friends. She makes me crazy but we love her.

Okay, well yu are now updated. I know it was really long, next time I promise to update sooner so it wont be as long next time.


Love to all,

Tab









No comments:

Post a Comment