Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Septemebr and October doings

Hi there family and friends. We have missed you so much. Just to bring everyone up to date health wise, we are all fine. You know the old saying no news is good news, well, we are there and we love every minute of it!!!!

Here is an update on each kiddo and also how Clay is feeling.

Cole is doing good. He is doing very well keeping his grades up this year. He isn't straight As but he isn't missing any work. He has become excited for basketball this fall. He has been staying after school and playing with the basketball coach. tryouts will be sometime in November. In order to be on a school team he must maintain a C avg. He is bound and determined to do that. He finished his fall season of baseball and had a blast with the team. He chose not to do another fall league so he could play basketball at the YMCA. My thought is any 14 year old who is over 6 feet tall should play basketball.

Lily is, ugh, well Lily. She is having a blast with her softball team, she returned to the Angelz. She has been playing really well and hit a solid double tonight. Lil is also cheer leading for the elementary school. So far she is having fun and likes being with the girls. Her grades are great as usual. If she focuses she can do amazing work. We love her and she makes me crazy!!! I wouldn't want her any other way.

Clay is getting back to a normal life, well as normal as Shurtleff life is. He plays outside every night and is getting some school work done online. He has been released back to school in January, I think he might be counting down the days. His health is really good right now (knock on wood). He had a cold a couple weeks ago but his body did what it was supposed to do and he is all better now. It was a little worrisome at first but after talking to the all knowing Dr B he said it was a good thing because we were able to watch his body fight the cold in his blood work. Clay still has to wear a mask indoors but is able to start going to restaurants and movies and places like that. it has been nice to let go of the reigns a little.

Tad and I are a nutz as always. Tad is coaching Lily's softball team and just finished Cole's baseball team. He and I are both working like crazy and managing all the kids schedules.

I am planning on flying up for Clays dr appt next week. I will be doped up on anti nausea meds and have the motion sickness patch on my ear. Not looking forward to it, but we only have until March to do this, so we can keep it up for a couple more months.

Clays appt is next week, like I just said, so as soon as I can I will post how well he is doing after the docs tell me how amazing he is and what a stud my boy is.


Love to all,

Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment