Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day -2

It seems like every time I get around to posting it is after midnight and I am exhausted. The best part is Clay is usually asleep and feeling better (cuz hes sleeping). He has decided sleeping is a great tool for coping. He has been sleeping most of the day, I'm always afraid he will not be tired at night but he always seems to sleep most of the night away. He has to be woke up every 2 hours to go to the bathroom. It sucks but it is the best way to protect his bladder. There is a chemical in the chemo that affects the bladder if it sits in there to long, peeing every 2 hours prevents the infection. The big concern on all the staffs mind tonight is the uncontrolled nausea and vomiting. They are throwing everything they have at him but no luck. He threw up 7 times today. The rest of the week has been similar. After taking to the nurse she said nausea and vomiting is normal but this is excessive. She said they are barely able to keep enough fluids pumping through him. The nurse is going to call a pow wow during rounds to come up with something that is going to help. I hope they come up with something cuz we have one very sad yucky little boy on our hands.
Putting his nausea aside, he had a good day. Tad was with him and he said passed the yucky belly Clay and him played some games and he (Clay not Tad) slept alot. He didn't have any joint or bone pain today. The nurse did a bunch of pre medicating to prevent all the pain and stuff during chemo today. Oh yeah that is the other awesome thing today. He had his last done of Chemo. Woo Hoo. That is one little milestone. Tomorrow is a day of rest (yeah right) and transplant is already here. Thursday is the BIG day. I need to talk with the Dr's and find out more about how it works. I still am a little shady on the subject. I will let you guys know tomorrow night what the protocol.
I had a great day today. It was nice to get out of this room and let the sunlight hit my eyeballs. Today Tad came up and took over caregiver duty and I played with the two most awesome brother and sister ever. We kid napped Grandma Liz and went to Ikea and lunch and a park. My Mom had never been to Ikea and the trampoline place (original plan) was closed. It was actually alot of fun, even though Cole will never admit it. We found a squishy soccer ball for Clay. It is blue and white like his Royal team. I had to have it. Anyway, we had a ton of fun. I am super proud of all my kidlets and I only want to best for all 3 of them. Our struggle right now is balancing the time I have with them and the time I need to be with Clay. We are also having major issues in the home work department. But sometimes in life you need to have priorities. All I know is we have to savior protecting all five of us and we all have faith in Clay and Cole.
I cannot express to Cole my gratitude for his unconditional willingness to serve his brother and family. He may make me pull my hair out and I dedicate each and every one of my grey hair to him but man oh man do I love that kid. I love his smile, his dimples, his eyes and his love for all of us. I love the size of his hands and feet (thank you Grandpa Hardman), I love how he puts his arm above my shoulder to see how much taller he is than me and I sneak in a hug from him. I love just him.
See ya tomorrow night.
Love Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment