Sunday, March 13, 2011

Day -4

PCMC form of Santa. Just kidding. He said that.
Our awesome security guard who cleaned up Clays mess.

Boy oh boy. This chemo has gotten to Clay. The nurses are trying to manage his nausea but he is having a reaction to everything. The first drug made him feel like his skin was crawling and he was literally scratching his skin off. The second drug made him loopy and he cried for about 2 hours with slur ed speech and double vision. They are trying another drug tonight, we hope this one works. The kid has not eaten since yesterday afternoon. The nurse said this is all normal and on schedule. Still, is does not make either of us feel any better.
The Dr on call said his counts are looking good and dropping as they should be. He said the schedule is still Thursday as planned.
We had some visitors today. We love visitors, okay I love visitors and Clay just puts up with them. haha. Mary and Dean came up to visit. They were in Ut already and made a special stop to visit. Dean is Clay's 11 year old scout leaser (the BEST) and he brought Clay a care package the scouts made for him on Wed. There was a basketball hoop, dart board, card game and poster. Those boys really took the time to think about what Clay would like and did a great job. If any of you moms ready this, Your boys are awesome and we are thankful for each and every one of them. I, K, G, D. You boys are the best.
We also had Alecia and Tanner come visit. Unfortunately it was right after a bog dose of Benadryl so they got the sleeping version of Clay. I'm glad they came so Tad had some one to eat dinner with.
The pictures above gave Clay and I a laugh tonight, amidst all the crap. We had just gotten into bed. Clay had been asleep for about an hour or less. I had just hit my head to the pillow at about 10:30 and Clay puked. This kid can hit a bucket from across the room but this time there was no bucket and he was sleeping. He leaned over the bed and puked. I know gross, but it gets funny. Because he has Chemo in his system they Had to call the security guards to clean up. The nurses and techs can do everything but the floor. I know dumb but whatever. So this beg mean security guard who is actually a super nice guy and another guy had to come in a clean up his puke from the floor. I had to take their pictures cuz Clay and I were laughing and having fun with them.
I always say thanks to our friends and family but tonight I have to give a shout out to the security guards at PCMC. They are the best.
Love to all,
Tab and Clay

1 comment:

  1. I know there are spelling errors Mary and I dont care. Well I care a little but I am really tired and didnt check all my words like I should have. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete