Wednesday, May 18, 2011

We Are So Blessed

This week I have been thinking about how blessed we are. The loss of Tanner has really had me thinking. I think about how close we are to the finish line yet so far way. I have been trying to be more patient with Clay and I can tell he has changed his attitude and is trying to be more happy. He has not fought me on taking his pills once since Sunday. I think it sunk in a little that his life could be so much harder. We are blessed to have a nice home and a wonderful family to stay with. Grandma and Grandpa have taken such good care of us. If Clay is having a craving for something Grandma either makes it or goes and gets the needed items and makes it. Every once in a while it isn't what Mom makes and he doesn't like it. I always thought I was an okay cook, but Clay tells me quite frequently that I am a fabulous cook and he cant wait till we are home and I can go back to cooking all the time. Grandma wants me to stay so I can keep helping her, Tad wants me home too. I never realized how much was actually being done by me. I thought I was just living and doing and being. I'm excited to be needed and wanted. This journey has taught us all alot. It has taught is to love and appreciate all the family members. Clay misses Logan the most, I think Logan misses Clay too.
Tad has been feeling under the weather this week so here goes another week of them not coming in. He went to the most awesome doctor, Dr McAllister, today and was told he had a sinus infection. Dr. McAllister put him on an anti biotic and he and the kids should be up next week. We hope.
All week we had been planning on going to Tanners funeral on Friday but we found out Clay has a Dr appt and a transfusion scheduled for Friday so now we cant go. Both of us wish we could but Logan is a long way away and now with the appt we are not. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the Smith family and we wish you nothing but the best.
We have a little friend who has been having a rough go at it this week also. His name is Andrew he isn't even a year yet. Can you believe that, less than one years old and already been through so much. He has been doing fabulous but something turned this week and he has come down with some viruses. Lizzie and Stew you are awesome and can do anything. Andrew is strong and will get through this. Keep up the good fight!!!
Clay is doing great. The transfusion on Friday is standard procedure. Not a big deal. He has been trying harder to eat more and I think it is helping. He has almost stopped throwing up. Still a little but nothing to major. We ventured to the movies today in the middle of the day. We went to Rango and were the only ones in the theatre. Since we were there solo he was able to take off his mask during the movie and enjoy some popcorn we made at home. The ticket lady told us we couldn't take our own popcorn in so I asked for the manager. After explaining why we brought our own he was very apologetic and let us in with our own stuff. I wish people would notice there is a kid with no hair and a mask on and think a little. I understand not everyone knows or cares to know, but come on, use a little judgement before you speak. Easier said than done. Anyway, he and I had fun at the movie and are thinking about a couple more we want to see. This movie theatre has a discount day with 1/2 price tickets and 1.00 popcorn and drinks. We got in for 6.00 today. I think we might go once a week at that price. We shall see.
Anyway, He and I are doing good. Everyone at home, except Tad, is doing good. We are all happy and some what healthy.
We miss you all and have a fun rest of the week.
Tab and Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment