Friday, May 20, 2011

Two Months and Counting





On Tuesday we hit our 2 month mark. Can you believe it two whole months have past since Cole blessed us with such an amazing gift. I had to do a write up for a thing explaining Cole's gift and the process of donation. It got me thinking about how awesome he was to do this. The sacrifice and the selflessness he showed our family that day. We are blessed to know our donor. There are some, alot, of families who have nobody to thank and to give praise to. This week was the award ceremony at our middle school as well as others around and a bunch of Cole's friends got awards. I was a little bummed that Cole didn't get an award. I started thinking about all of the wonderful things Cole has done this year. He advanced a couple of reading levels and did his best in a math class who had a horrible teacher. He also chose to save a life and be a great big brother. He has helped to keep up with Lily and helped her get better in softball. He has had to live with out Mom for a little over three months. I don't care about an award handed out at school, I care about what a good boy he is and how much he has done for our family this school year. The 2010-2011 school year will not be remembered as the year of a million awards, it is the year our family got a new start and a life was saved.


Today was Tanners funeral and both Clay and I were bummed that we weren't able to go. I wish his family all the best and hope to see them soon. Clays dr appt today was great, he was supposed to get transfusions today but his blood counts are moving up and we were in and out in under an hour. The Social Worker is going to help Cole and she is doing a write up about Bone Marrow donation.


Today was a great day and still is going on. I love my life right now and love my family and friends. Tonight is the father and sons camp out in Vegas. Have fun Tad and Cole, Clay will be with you next year.


Love to all,


Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment