Monday, June 27, 2011

Home Sweet Home

Clays buddies came to his suprise welcoming.

There was alot of people there. Thanks everyone!!!



Nate, Elloitt, and Clay



Nate and his bone marrow donor and Clay with his bone marrow donor. Friends for life.



Those two had so much fun together.


The host with th most and the hostess who has the mostest.


The awesome and famous Grandma and Grandpa D. Thye hosted my family since Feb.


Lily planted potatoes with Grandma in the spring. She is proud of her plant.


My true heros. Brenda and Hilary. Our Nurse Practitioners. They helped him and me through some long days and long nights. The best!!!


Dr Paul. He kept Clay sain or insaine, depends on how you look at it.




I have been so good about posting but this week we have been so busy. Oh well you will get used to it. Now I am home I get to be a working Mom again. I also hope that there are not very many changes and not much to update. I will do my best to update as often as needed. My mom always says that sometimes no news is good news. So here is the update from the last week....

Saturday Clay had his 100 days cancer free. We celebratied with a party at Nick and Heathers. It was nice to see all the family and some friends. Clay had a nice suprise, well not a suprise he knew about it. Nathan, the boy from the hosputal that Clay was a penpal with, he and his family came all the way from Ogden to celebrate with Clay. Nate is a little short of half way from his 100 days and I am glad he is healthy enough to play. The kids jumpe on the tramp and played like kids. I loved seeing two recent BMT boys be normal boys. They are amazing kids and we can all learn a lesson from thier resilncy. Thanks Nick and Heath for being the hostess with the mostess.


Sunday we came home. Aaahhh, It is so nice to say I am home. Clay is healthy enough to be home. Our family can be one again. It is going to be quite an adjustment to get back into reality for both Clay and I. Also Cole and Lily need to get used to Mom being here. Dad can be some what of a push over in the punishment dept. Anyway, The ward/neighborhood planned a huge welcome home thing for Clay. They filled the park with cheers and laughter. There were signs made and balloons. My Bro in law Dave said he stopped counting at 125 people. It was a complete shock to Clay. All he could say was holy crap are all these people here for me? Tad couldnt stop the car fast enough. Clay was greeted at the car door by a million little kids and his two buddies. Gabe, Clays best friend was there to hug him. Clays soccer coach and family came over too. I have a great pic of Clay and Cody giveing each other the man hug.


I am so grateful for an amazing ward, great friends, family, and some people I dont even know but follow this blog. I started this blog as a way to release and keep in contact with some people in Vegas. I didnt know how many lives Clay would touch. He is a stud and he has handled this trial like a pro. I am honored to call him SON.


Thanks everyone. See ya all soon.

Tab












Love and good night. Im going to sleep in my bed tonight.












Tab

No comments:

Post a Comment