Monday, January 16, 2012

No News is Good News

` Clay and his best buddy Gabe.
Lily and her friend Sophia.


Planking!!!



Jake, Jacob and Cole at Clays birthday party.


Everyone at Clays birthday party.


Clays first day of school. December 2, 2011


Candlelighters Christmas party.


I cant believe it has been since October since I posted on Clays blog. I'm so sorry. Life has become normal again so we are a little boring I guess.



We, as in we I mean Clay. We hit some major milestones since I posted last.

I'm going to try and chronicle the last 3 months so I hope I don't ramble on.

November was filled with family. Tiff, Dave and the girls came here for Thanksgiving and we had a blast. The best part of November was the CLAY WENT BACK TO SCHOOL!!!!

Yep it is in all caps because it was freakn amazing. He was so excited to go back and be a kid again. He has had some struggles but nothing like I was expecting. The routine has been nice for him and he has been so much more social. He doesnt like homework but is pretty good about doing it. He hates math. I think the multiplication facts have fallen out of his head. I have noticed there is a little bit of "chemo brain" going on and he struggles retaining info. I hope that with time and patience that will go away and he will catch back up. I am looking into some tutoring this spring and through the summer to help catch up and fill in some holes that are missing from 5th grade. The school has been flexible and very kind to him. Its nice to have that bit of comfort when he goes to school. He and Cole walk to and from school almost everyday.



December brought kindness, service, secret Santa and parties.

We were blessed this year with a Secret 12 days of Christmas Santa. It ended up being Candlelighters. We love them and plan on sponsoring a family next year. It will be nice to pay back our Christmas of 2010. We also had our annual Candlelighters Christmas party complete with Santa, Miss Nevada and Build a Bear. We have made some great friends through Candlelighters and its nice to catch up with them from time to time.

Christmas was nice and relaxing at our house. We had no guests, family or friends over. The kids are all the age where there presents are more expensive so they get less of them. Shopping was even easier this year. A couple I pods and a Kindle and we were set. The boys also got parts to their cars and guns and Lil got girls stuff and a pair of super cute boots. It was nice to have our family together. Last year we were worried about making Christmas the best one because we were worried Clay wasn't going to be with us for another year. My oh My what a year can do to you. This year we were able to reflect on the last year and know that it has been a roller coaster but was well worth it.

We capped off the year with Cole going to the New Years Eve youth dance. We spent the night playing games and watching the ball drop. Cole came home a little after midnight.


We are now to January and I have been rambling. But we are almost done so just stick with me....


Clays birthday was this last weekend. He turned 12. Holy Cow. 12 is such a powerful age. As a boy in the LDS church you get the priesthood and can leave primary. I tried to hold it together on Sunday as they brought Clay to the stand and Brother Sampson expressed his love for Clay and the power he had over this cancer. He talked about how Clay can now move on and have a successful life and serve a mission. After Sacrament Tad was able to give him a blessing of the priesthood. Grandad and Grandma Nicki were able to come visit and help give Clay the priesthood, they only have 2 active boys in the church and they wanted to make to this birthday.

For Clays birthday party we went to the Las Vegas Wranglers hockey game. Thanks to Brad M for hooking us up with a suit and tickets. It was so much fun to get all the boys together and let them watch and hang out. Clay has a good group of mischievous friends. They are all so much alike. It is fun to see Clay in his element of friends. He is always so grumpy and moody at home, it was nice to actually see him laugh and have fun. His friends are all so happy to have him back and healthy.


I am so grateful that Clay made it to 12. There are times that I could kiss him foe being so sweet and loving and other times I could strangle his grumpy self. I think all of us moms feel the same way. He has had a rough year and deserves a little leeway.

He has been playing soccer again and I love to watch him go. His coach was impressed with his endurance and speed. His pe teacher says the same thing. I'm glad that chemo didn't effect his lungs and that he has been super healthy. He has been able to build up a pretty good immune system and can handle most anything now


Thank you to everyone for all your prayers and thoughts this last year and a half.



Love to all, Tab


















No comments:

Post a Comment