Friday, February 17, 2012

One Year Clinic

WE ARE WINNING!!!!!
Here we are. Sitting in Dr Paul's office. We are in Utah for our one year appointments. I know your thinking wait the one year is in March. Well there is alot of things that have to be done before the one year mark. I can vividly remember his appointments last year. There were a ton of them. I cant believe it has already been a year. This time last year I was getting everything together at work to leave, Clay was finishing up things in school to with draw. We were packing and making lists of what was needed in Utah. We were making living arrangements. What a difference a year makes. I was a wreck of emotions. These appts are happy and fun. We are laughing a joking. It is nice to know we are at the end of treatment. I do have that feeling of fear. I think it will always be there. The fear of relapse weighs heavy on my mind, but I think it always will. But that is the new life we live. I am happy with it. It is such blessing to think that he is making me crazy. It means that Clay is back to his normal self. Stubborn, hard headed, moody, happy, fun loving and outgoing. He is back in full force.





This last month has brought some change, not big change just change. Clay signed up for spring soccer with the Royals and he is ready to get back on the field. He has been practicing with the team getting his endurance and skills back. He also signed up for baseball with the little league. Last year they dedicated the season and honored him at opening ceremonies. He is excited to get a glove on his hand and cleats on his feet. I on the other hand am not sure how he is going to handle everything. This kid goes and goes and goes. I know I have my doughts (sp?) but he knows he can do it and do it all well. I think that is why Clay was the one chosen to get cancer. Because he can handle this. He can do it all. He is the Nike saying JUST DO IT.





We had a wee bit of an incident last week with Clay and Lily. First Lily hurt herself at church and cut her heal pretty bad. She required 11 stitches and next week we will know weather or not she will need a plastic surgeon. It may take some reconstructive surgery but only time will tell. Clay then 2 days later cut his finger at Mountain Man Rendezvous and required 5 stitches in his finger. Both will have the stitches out on Monday. Clay will be fine and have a little scare on his middle finger. Lily is going to take more time and like I said a plastic surgeon. Yeah to my kids. They are active and busy, that's what happens when you don't play video games all day and night. I love it and wouldn't want it any other way.





I need your help with prayers right now. I have the best pray ers. You guys helped to heal my Clay and I know you can help this little girl I'm going to tell you about. She is 2 and in Texas. She was just diagnosed with CML. It is the same thing as Clay. This little girl is the rarest of the rare. First off if any of you remember CML is found in older men, not children. Clay was unusual because he was a youth. This girl is unusual because she is sooo young (second youngest on record) and is a girl. She is just starting the fight. Her Mom is super nice and worried. Just like I was. This family can use your prayers right about now. I am praying that she has peace comfort and faith.





thanks everyone for all you have done for my family for the last year, you guys are the best. We love each and everyone of you.





Tab and Clay

No comments:

Post a Comment