Tuesday, March 29, 2011

7 months

Clay and Emily
Uncle Dave is corrupting Clay. JK He wanted to wear his UofU hat like Dave.
Dave wanted to be like Clay and have no hair.


Clay was diagnosed seven months ago today, August 29, 2010. That was the day that changed our lives forever. Not just for the next year, but forever. While living with cancer Clay has become a much more mellower boy, more loving and patient. We hope it stays that way, I personally like the nice Clay and I know his teachers and coaches will too. All five of us have been reminded of the love we share for one another. I miss Tad and the kids and I get a phone call from Lily every day telling me she loves me and misses me. This is making me a better more attentive Mom who has to cook more often and I will try not to take that for granted any more. Not only has these last seven months changed our family of five it has also changed and brought together the rest of the families with in our family, as well as our ward, schools, and friends. It is amazing how many people love you and you don't even know it or you know and just forget. We have had people come out of the woodwork to express their concerns and love. And to all those out there, we love you too and are grateful for your prayers of hope and faith. Tad and I have faith and the knowledge of what the Lord has planned and we are ready to face what lies ahead. We just hope it is a healthy,, happy cancer free boy.

Today was a boring, simple, same as yesterday, day. That is what is best right now. When things get exciting that is when there are issues. I am bored out of my mind but I am content to be with my kiddo and keep him happy and entertained with painting, video games, board games, whatever. Clay got a letter from his pen pal Matthew today and his friend found out he loves Lego cars and had an extra one that some one gave him so he sent it with a note for Clay. So Clay sent him a Bionical. I like that the nurses encourage pen pals and making friends through the walls. Most of the kids can not leave the rooms and can not socialize with other kids. This is a good experience for Clay to know some one here and I think through mail and their blogs they can stay friends.

We had several visitors today. Uncle Dave came and brought me lunch. Grandma Daniels came to see how things are going. Grandma Nicki stopped by after work and got to see Erica our cousin as well. We also had another visit from another dog, Emily. We love love love when the dogs come to visit, they jump on the bed and Clay can love them and hug them and give them treats.

Thanks for all the visits, now go hug your kiddos really tight and then hug your spouse and tell them how much you love them.

Love to all,

Tab

1 comment: