Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day + 7 One week




We hit our one week anniversary. And what a day it has been. My oh my oh my. First I was able to leave for a little bit and run to the store. I only brought 2 pair of shorts for Clay and myself not thinking. So I ran to ShopKo and pick up a couple of things. Did I mention that I love ShopKo.
Clay was able to get out some creativity and paint a couple of airplanes and kind of work on a tractor. Clay got a little flustered with that and we all know what happened when Clay get frustrated. Grumpy Clay came out to play. He soon was mellowed by an allergic reaction to a new medication to protect his heart. He has swollen like a balloon in the face. The nurse says this is normal because of the mucusitis. I think it is scary and a little overwhelming. from the sounds of it, he has done very well. Most kids have these reactions on day 2 or 3. He lasted until day 7. He was in good spirits most of the day. It is the nights that are the hardest. Again, normal. I keep thinking, how is any of this normal? What is normal in the world of chemo and hospitals and cancer? I know that everyone is meaning well , but it just frustrates me. It has been a really long day and I am a little irritable.
The pictures above are of Clay and Elliot. He is a Labradoodle that comes to the hospital every Thursday to visit the kids. He is super sweet and just loved that Clay wanted to maul him in place of Logan.
The other picture is of Clay tonight while he was having the reaction. He was swollen and "normal".
Love to all and thanks for listening to me vent,
Love Tab

1 comment:

  1. poor baby. this picture of the allergic reaction makes my heart ache.
    i love you!

    ReplyDelete