Sunday, May 1, 2011

We are almost half way

I was looking at the calendar today and we are almost to day 50, the half way point. Half way there is a big accomplishment, especially with no illness. Crap, now I have to knock on wood, I hope I didn't just jinx us. We are glad to be half way there, that means half way closer to being a family under the same roof again. Clay and I miss home and out family and friends. We know we will be home sooner than we think.

We have had a busy weekend, heck it was a busy week. Last week was the last regular season game for Lily and her team did awesome. If any of the Angelz still read this blog, thank you so much for taking such good care of by baby girl and encouraging her to do great things. She learned a lot from you this season and we look forward to fall as a team. I promise she will be at all practices and all games cuz I will be right there with her. Cole had a couple of games too, his team is struggling right now but they will get out of the slump and get some W's on the board. He is doing well also and is having fun on the field. Tad is enjoying sitting in the stands and just hanging out. He does miss sitting in the dugout encouraging the kids but this has been a nice break in the whirl wind he is dealing with right now.

This weekend Clay and I were able to get a little adventurous. On Friday I went to see Sunset Blvd with my Mom at PMT. She works on campus and PMT is one of her areas to maintain and she does such a lovely job and always does good work that the PMT manager gives her a pair of tickets to most of the shows. It was fun to hang out with her and just chill. Sunset Blvd was awesome but I cant wait for Rent next. Saturday we had to pleasure of going to Madison Whites baptism. Clay had to wear his mask the whole time, which he hated, an everyone was so happy to see him. Maddie is a daughter of Tads cousin BJ. She is the first in her family to be baptised, her little brother and sisters watched intently on the baptism, I heard her little brother say, that is my sister, shes all wet. It was so cute. Afterwards we went to the luncheon to catch up with the family and let Clay play for a bit. After we went to Aunt Alecia/Grandma Nicki's house. Really it wasn't for them it was for Alex, Clays cousin. They played video games for like 8 hours. I was able to get a way for a little bit and hang out with my friends. One was visiting from Colorado so the 6 of us old timers went shopping and to dinner and lunch. I didn't catch up with them until about one, which was right after lunch. I didn't get Clay picked up until about 11 pm. Needless to say he was late getting hooked up on fluids and late getting his meds but sometimes you need that. You need to escape and not follow a medication schedule. Since it was so late getting him on and we were out so late be is still sleeping at 11 in the morning. Keep o sleeping kiddo, keep sleeping. We have nothing to do today except dinner at Alecia's later. He can sleep and rest all day. It has been a long weekend and he needs it. Sleeping people heal faster.

Anyway, it has been a great week and weekend of adventures and family. We are grateful for our family and for everyone who has expressed their concern for Clay and told me how great he looked. We love you all and wish you nothing but the best.
See ya later...
Tabitha

No comments:

Post a Comment